|Issue:||Issue 28, September 2004|
Look & Listen Answers
This article refers to the "Look & Listen" quiz by Rosie, which may be found here.
Ok, so it's nearly a year after the actual questions were posed. About time you had the answers then!
1. Which room has peeling paint, although it is still a surprisingly fine example of its kind?
Answer: The Bandstand
2. Where can you read a language that was dead before Atlantis sank?
3. Which room contains elegant troll-hide furniture?
Answer: Lounge in Cottage
4. Which building in the land contains a shallow ornamental vessel with a pedestal, used for ceremonial purposes? And what is it?
Answer: Il Castellare - Tazza
5. What is the picture on the painting which has the quote 'there are tears about things and mortal sorrows touch the heart'?
Answer: Arthritic looking scribes locked in a dusty scriptorium - painting2
6. What is the table tennis table set in?
7. What are the tiles on the kitchen roof of Il Castellare made from?
Answer: Terracotta - you can see them from the master bedroom window
8. Where can you find a statue dedicated to three muses?
Answer: Fountain in formal garden
9. Which building is made of chalk and flint?
10. Which room in the land has murals on the walls of grassy pastures?
Answer: Dwarf Canteen
11. Which object in the land is reminiscent of a film by Ingmar Bergman?
Answer: Seal 7 (Film - The Seventh Seal)
12. What object is described as sky blue, and of obscure antiquity?
Answer: The Scarab
13. Which object was made in an area on the Southeast coast of China?
Answer: The Parasol was made in Macao
14. Which object is made of a yellow quartz? And where is the object usually found?
Answer: Citrine vase, usually found in leather satchel
15. Which piece of cutlery has a tortoiseshell handle?
16. Which object tells the traditional story of a Mandarin's daughter being turned into a dove?
Answer: The willow pattern teapot
17. Where can you hear a steady PLINK PLINK?
Answer: Stalagmite room
18. Which item was 'a gift from Andromeda'?
Answer: The dishcloth
19. Where can you hear a poem by the author of Winnie the Pooh?
Answer: Halfway up the stairs in the cottage
20. What is the title of the Land's fairy story book?
Answer: The So Book of Spoons
Mail the author