|Issue:||Issue 24, October 2003|
Look & Listen
Here's a test of how well you all know The Land and its objects - or a test of how many of you play with brief descriptions on! There's 10 points for every correct answer you get so send them into email@example.com by the 1st of December.
- Which room has peeling paint, although it is still a surprisingly fine example of its kind?
- Where can you read a language that was dead before Atlantis sank?
- Which room contains elegant troll-hide furniture?
- Which building in The Land contains a shallow ornamental vessel with a pedestal, used for ceremonial purposes? And what is it?
- What is the picture on the painting that has the quote 'there are tears about things and mortal sorrows touch the heart'?
- What is the table tennis table set in?
- What are the tiles on the kitchen roof of Il Castellare made from?
- Where can you find a statue dedicated to three muses?
- Which building is made of chalk and flint?
- Which room in The Land has murals on the walls of grassy pastures?
- Which object in the land is reminiscent of a film by Ingmar Bergman?
- What object is described as sky blue, and of obscure antiquity?
- Which object was made in an area on the Southeast coast of China?
- Which object is made of yellow quartz? And where is the object usually found?
- Which piece of cutlery has a tortoiseshell handle?
- Which object tells the traditional story of a Mandarin's daughter being turned into a dove?
- Where can you hear a steady PLINK PLINK?
- Which item was 'a gift from Andromeda'?
- Where can you hear a poem by the author of Winnie the Pooh?
- What is the title of The Land's fairy storybook?
Stuck for answers? Mail the author using the link below for some clues to get you going.
Mail the author