|Issue:||Issue 21, April 2003|
Quiz Night III
Thursday 20th February saw the third of our Quiz Nights. Below is an abridged version of the quiz. If you couldn't make it to the quiz night now you have another chance to take part. Send in your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your points prizes by the 1st May.
Round 1 - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1 point for each correct answer.
- How many bees are there in The Land?
- Which book contains a list of tasks to be completed?
- What food is found in the cupboard in the alpine cottage?
- Specifically, where is the highest point of all The Land?
- Which book contains hints about magical artefacts?
- What does the golem protect?
- What weapon does the mermaid carry?
- What is written on the streetsign?
- What do the rats protect?
- What food is found in the maze of hedges?
Round 2 - ORIENTATION
Name the place that the following directions take you to. 5 points for each correct answer.
- Vicious Rocks.up.down.up.in.down.down
- Dwarfen Hall.north.north.east.northeast
- Small Bedroom.out.south.west.southwest
- Bank of river (by the great gate).south.west.north.north
Round 3 - MUD HISTORY
This round has 10 points for each correct answer
- In which town was MUD born?
- What was the name of the first incarnation of MUD2?
- Who co-wrote MUD with Richard?
- Which MUD2 mobile is represented in the mudii.co.uk logo?
- What is the full name of the company that licenses MUD2?
- Name the only original MUD1 still running.
- Who runs it?
- In which year was MUD written?
- Who ran the MUD2 based in Ireland?
- Which American company first ran any version of MUD?
Round 4 - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE PART 2
10 points for each correct answer and 5 points deducted for each incorrect answer.
- How many dwarfs are normally found in The Land?
- From which tree is the forest made up of on the Dragon Island?
- How many vases are there in The Land?
- Which mobile is "very large and very angry"?
- What is the effigy made out of?
- Which room has velvet-covered furniture?
- Which mobile is described as velvet-skinned?
- What sort of jam does jamjar2 contain?
- How many snakes are there in The Land?
- What is written on the briefcase?
- What are the shoes made of?
- What food is found in the canteen?
- How many flies are there in The Land
- Which container smells musty?
- What gem is ring1 inlaid with?